THIS FOLLOWING USER AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH TRUXX, INC. OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO THE TRUXX PLATFORM.
These terms of service constitute a legally binding agreement (the “Agreement”) between you (“you,” or “your”) and Truxx, Inc. (“Truxx,” “we,” “us” or “our”), a Delaware corporation, governing your use of the Truxx application, website, and technology platform (collectively, the “Truxx Platform”).
The Truxx Platform provides a marketplace where persons who seek transportation for certain items (“Users”) can be matched with persons driving to or through those destinations (“Drivers”). Drivers and Users are collectively referred to herein as “Truxx Users” and each Truxx User shall create a Truxx User account that enables such Truxx User to access the Truxx Platform. For purposes of this Agreement, the delivery services provided by Drivers to Users that are matched through the Platform shall be referred to collectively as the “Services”.
TRUXX DOES NOT PROVIDE TRANSPORTATION SERVICES, AND TRUXX IS NOT A TRANSPORTATION CARRIER. IT IS UP TO THE DRIVER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO OFFER A RIDE TO A RIDER CONTACTED THROUGH THE TRUXX PLATFORM, AND IT IS UP TO THE USER TO DECIDE WHETHER OR NOT TO ACCEPT A DELIVERY FROM ANY DRIVER CONTACTED THROUGH THE TRUXX PLATFORM. ANY DECISION BY A TRUXX USER TO OFFER OR ACCEPT SERVICES ONCE SUCH TRUXX USER IS MATCHED THROUGH THE TRUXX PLATFORM IS A DECISION MADE IN SUCH TRUXX USER’S SOLE DISCRETION. EACH TRANSPORTATION SERVICE PROVIDED BY A DRIVER TO A USER SHALL CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN SUCH PERSONS.
By creating your Truxx User account and using the Truxx Platform, you expressly acknowledge that you understand this Agreement and accept all of its terms. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE TRUXX PLATFORM OR THE SERVICES.
Modification to the Agreement
We reserve the right to modify the terms and conditions of this Agreement at any time, effective upon posting the amended terms on this site. If we make changes, we will notify you by, at a minimum, revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Agreement. You are responsible for regularly reviewing this Agreement. Continued use of the Truxx Platform or Services after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes. If you do not agree to any such changes you may not use or access the Truxx Platform or the Services.
The Truxx Platform is available only to, and may only be used by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. Without limiting the foregoing, the Truxx Platform is not available to children (persons under the age of 18) or Truxx Users who have had their Truxx User account temporarily or permanently deactivated. By becoming a Truxx User, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into and abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
As a User, you agree that any amounts charged following a delivery (a “Charge”) are mandatory and due and payable immediately upon completion of the delivery. Charges include Delivery Fees and other applicable fees, tolls, surcharges, and taxes as set forth in your region, plus any tips to the Driver that you elect to pay. Truxx has the authority and reserves the right to determine and modify pricing. You shall be responsible for all Charges incurred under your User account regardless of your awareness of such Charges or the amounts thereof. In all markets, Charges are subject to maximum limits and in no event shall they exceed $500.
- Delivery Fees. Delivery Fees consist of a base price and incremental charges based on the duration and distance of your Delivery. For particularly short rides, minimum Delivery Fees may apply.
- Trust & Safety Fee. Truxx may assess a per-delivery “Trust & Safety Fee” to offset Truxx’s expenses related to promoting trust and safety on the Truxx platform. Such expenses are dynamic and may or may not exceed Truxx’s Trust & Safety Fee collections. Excess Trust & Safety Fee collections, if any, will be deemed general revenue.
- Cancellation Fee. In the event that you cancel a delivery request on the Truxx Platform more than 5 minutes after such request is made, make repeated or frequent cancellations, or fail to show up for your delivery Driver in a timely manner, you agree to pay a “Cancellation Fee”. We may also assess a Cancellation Fee against you if we suspect that you have intentionally cancelled rides to disrupt the Truxx Platform or the provision of Services.
- Damage Fee. If a Driver reports that you have materially damaged the Driver's vehicle, you agree to pay a “Damage Fee” of up to $250 depending on the extent of the damage (as determined by Truxx in its sole discretion), towards vehicle repair or cleaning. Truxx reserves the right (but is not obligated) to verify or otherwise require documentation of damages prior to processing the Damage Fee.
- Other Charges. Other fees, tolls, and surcharges may apply to your ride, including: actual or anticipated airport fees, state or local fees, tolls (and return tolls in select instances), and processing fees for split payments. In addition, where required by law Truxx will collect applicable taxes. Any tips will be provided entirely to the applicable Driver.
- Facilitation of Payments. All Charges are facilitated through a third-party payment processing service (e.g., Stripe, Inc., or Braintree, a division of PayPal, Inc.). Truxx may replace its third-party payment processing services without notice to you. Charges shall only be made through the Truxx Platform. Cash payments are strictly prohibited.
- No Refunds. Charges are assessed immediately following completion of the delivery to your authorized payment method. All Charges are non-refundable. This no-refund policy shall apply at all times regardless of your decision to terminate usage of the Truxx Platform, any disruption to the Truxx Platform or Services, or any other reason whatsoever.
- Promotions. Truxx, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions with different features to any of our Users or prospective Users. These promotions, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with Truxx.
- Credit Card Authorization. Upon addition of a new payment method or each delivery request, Truxx may seek authorization of your selected payment method to verify your payment method, ensure the delivery cost will be covered, and protect against unauthorized behavior. The authorization is not a charge, however, it may reduce your available credit by the authorization amount until your bank’s next processing cycle. Should the amount of our authorization exceed the total funds on deposit in your account, you may be subject to overdraft of NSF charges by the bank issuing your debit or check card. We cannot be held responsible for these charges and are unable to assist you in recovering them from your issuing bank.
As a Driver, you will receive applicable Delivery Fees (net of Truxx’s Administrative Fee, as discussed below) and any tips provided by Users to you for the Services you provide. Truxx will process all payments due to you through its third party payments processor. You acknowledge and agree that such amounts shall not include any interest and will be net of any amounts that we are required to withhold by law. You expressly authorize Truxx to set the prices on your behalf for all Charges that apply to the provision of Services. Truxx reserves the right to withhold all or a portion of Delivery Fees if it believes that you have attempted to defraud or abuse Truxx or Truxx’s payment systems.
In exchange for permitting you to offer your Services through the Truxx Platform and marketplace as a Driver, you agree to pay Truxx (and permit Truxx to retain) a fee of up to 30% (the “Administrative Fee”) of the Delivery Fees paid by Users for such Services. In certain jurisdictions, including but not limited to New York, you agree to pay Truxx an Administrative Fee of up to 30% of Delivery Fees to cover additional operating costs. The amount of the applicable Administrative Fee will be communicated to you in writing but is subject to change on a prospective basis at Truxx’s discretion. You understand and agree that the Trust & Safety Fee, airport fees, processing fees for split payments, or any taxes or state or local fees imposed on and collected by Truxx shall be retained solely by Truxx .
Truxx, at its sole discretion, may make available promotions with different features to any Drivers or prospective Drivers. These promotions, unless made to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with Truxx .
You are solely responsible for your Information and your interactions with other members of the public, and we act only as a passive conduit for your online posting of your Information. You agree to provide and maintain accurate, current and complete information and that we and other members of the public may rely on your Information as accurate, current and complete.
You warrant and represent to us that you are the sole author of your Information. To enable the Truxx Platform to use your Information, you grant to us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to exercise the copyright, publicity, and database rights you have in your Information, and to use, copy, perform, display and distribute such Information to prepare derivative works, or incorporate into other works, such Information, in any media now known or not currently known. Truxx does not assert any ownership over your Information; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in this Agreement, you retain full ownership of all of your Information and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Information.
You are the sole authorized user of your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any password provided by you or Truxx for accessing the Truxx Platform. You are solely and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your Truxx User account, and Truxx expressly disclaims any liability arising from the unauthorized use of your Truxx User account. Should you suspect that any unauthorized party may be using your Truxx User account or you suspect any other breach of security, you agree to notify us immediately.
Social Networking Sites
As part of the functionality of the Truxx Platform, you may be able to create or login to your Truxx account through online accounts you may have with third party social networking sites (each such account, an "SNS Account") by either providing your SNS Account login information through the Truxx Platform or allowing Truxx to access your SNS Account. By granting Truxx access to any SNS Accounts, you understand that Truxx may access, make available and store any content that you have provided to and stored in your SNS Account including without limitation any friend, mutual friends, contacts or following/followed lists (the “SNS Content”) so that it is available on and through the Truxx Platform to other Truxx Users. Unless otherwise specified in this Agreement, all SNS Content, if any, shall be considered to be your Information. Depending on the privacy settings that you have set in such SNS Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your SNS Accounts may be available on and through the Truxx Platform.
By becoming a Truxx User, you expressly consent and agree to accept and receive communications from us, including via e-mail, text message, calls, and push notifications to the cellular telephone number you provided to us. By consenting to being contacted by Truxx, you understand and agree that you may receive communications generated by automatic telephone dialing systems and/or which will deliver prerecorded messages sent by or on behalf of Truxx, its affiliated companies and/or Drivers, including but not limited to: operational communications concerning your Truxx User account or use of the Truxx Platform or Services, updates concerning new and existing features on the Truxx Platform, communications concerning promotions run by us or our third party partners, and news concerning Truxx and industry developments. IF YOU WISH TO OPT-OUT OF PROMOTIONAL EMAILS, TEXT MESSAGES, OR OTHER COMMUNICATIONS, YOU MAY OPT-OUT BY FOLLOWING THE UNSUBSCRIBE OPTIONS PROVIDED TO YOU, INCLUDING THE “END” AND “STOPALL” OPTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. Standard text messaging charges applied by your cell phone carrier will apply to text messages we send. You acknowledge that you are not required to consent to receive promotional messages as a condition of using the Truxx Platform or the Services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional or marketing texts or calls from Truxx at any time by texting the word END to from the mobile device receiving the messages. You may also opt-out of receiving all texts or calls from Truxx (including informational or transactional messages) by texting the word STOPALL to from the mobile device receiving the messages, however you acknowledge that opting out of receiving all texts may impact your use of the Truxx Platform or the Services.
With respect to your use of the Truxx Platform and your participation in the Services, you agree that you will not:
- impersonate any person or entity;
- stalk, threaten, or otherwise harass any person, or carry any weapons;
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
- interfere with or disrupt the Services or the Truxx Platform or the servers or networks connected to the Truxx Platform;
- post Information or interact on the Truxx Platform or Services in a manner which is false, inaccurate, misleading (directly or by omission or failure to update information), defamatory, libelous, abusive, obscene, profane, offensive, sexually oriented, threatening, harassing, or illegal;
- use the Truxx Platform in any way that infringes any third party’s rights, including but not limited to: intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- post, email or otherwise transmit any malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted through the Truxx Platform;
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Truxx Platform, without our prior written authorization or use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to us in order to direct any person to any other web site for any purpose; or
- modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Truxx Platform or any software used on or for the Truxx Platform;
- rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, license or sublicense the Truxx Platform or access to any portion of the Truxx Platform;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, scrape, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Truxx Platform or its contents;
- create liability for us or cause us to become subject to regulation as a transportation carrier or provider of cargo/delivery service;
- link directly or indirectly to any other web sites;
- transfer or sell your Truxx User account, password and/or identification to any other party; or
- cause any third party to engage in the restricted activities above.
We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to suspend or deactivate your Truxx User account if you do not comply with these prohibitions.
Driver Representations and Warranties
By providing Services as a Driver on the Truxx Platform, you represent, warrant, and agree that:
- You possess a valid driver’s license and are authorized and medically fit to operate a motor vehicle, lift or assist in lifting heavy objects, and have all appropriate licenses, approvals and authority to provide transportation to Cargo in all jurisdictions in which you provide Services.
- You own, or have the legal right to operate, the vehicle you use when providing Services, and such vehicle is in good operating condition and meets the industry safety standards and all applicable statutory and state department of motor vehicle requirements for a vehicle of its kind.
- You will only provide Services using the vehicle that has been reported to and for which a photograph has been provided to Truxx, and you will not transport more Cargo than can securely be restrained in such vehicle.
- You have a valid policy of liability insurance (in coverage amounts consistent with all applicable legal requirements) that names or schedules you for the operation of the vehicle you use to provide Services.
- You will be solely responsible for any and all liability that results from or is alleged as a result of your provision of Services, including, but not limited to personal injuries, death and property damages (however, this provision shall not limit the scope of Truxx’s insurance policies).
- In the event of a motor vehicle accident you will be solely responsible for compliance with any applicable statutory or department of motor vehicles requirements, for reporting the accident to Truxx and your insurer in a timely manner, and for all necessary contacts with your insurance carrier.
- You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while providing Services, and you will be solely responsible for any violations of such provisions.
- You will pay all applicable federal, state and local taxes based on your provision of Services and any payments received by you.
- You will not make any misrepresentation regarding Truxx, the Truxx Platform, the Services or your status as a Driver, or, while providing the Services, operate as a public carrier or delivery service, charge for deliveries(except as expressly provided in this Agreement), or engage in any other activity in a manner that is inconsistent with your obligations under this Agreement.
- You will not attempt to defraud Truxx or Riders in connection with your provision of Services. If we suspect that you have engaged in fraudulent activity we may withhold applicable Delivery Fees or other payments for the ride(s) in question.
- You will not discriminate or harass anyone on the basis of race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age or sexual orientation.
- You agree that we may obtain information about you, including your criminal and driving records, and you agree to provide any further necessary authorizations to facilitate our access to such records during the term of the Agreement.
Proprietary Rights and Trademark License
All intellectual property rights in the Truxx Platform shall be owned by us absolutely and in their entirety. These rights include and are not limited to database rights, copyright, design rights (whether registered or unregistered), trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and other similar rights wherever existing in the world together with the right to apply for protection of the same. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, company or product names set forth in the Truxx Platform are the property of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become the sole property of Truxx. Truxx shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
TRUXXIE, the Truxx Marker and other Truxx logos, designs, graphics, icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of Truxx in the United States and/or other countries (collectively, the “Truxx Marks”). If you provide Services as a Driver, Truxx grants to you, during the term of this Agreement, and subject to your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, a limited, revocable, non-exclusive license to display and use the Truxx Marks solely in connection with providing the Services through the Truxx Platform (“License”). The License is non-transferable and non-assignable, and you shall not grant to any third party any right, permission, license or sublicense with respect to any of the rights granted hereunder without Truxx’s prior written permission, which it may withhold in its sole discretion. The Truxx Marks may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause confusion.
You acknowledge that Truxx is the owner and licensor of the Truxx Marks, and that your use of the Truxx Marks will confer no additional interest in or ownership of the Truxx Marks in you but rather inures to the benefit of Truxx. You agree to use the Truxx Marks strictly in accordance with Truxx’s Trademark Usage Guidelines, as may be provided to you and revised from time to time, and to immediately cease any use that Truxx determines to nonconforming or otherwise unacceptable.
You agree that you will not:
- create any materials that incorporate the Truxx Marks or any derivatives of the Truxx Marks other than as expressly approved by Truxx in writing;
- use the Truxx Marks in any way that tends to impair their validity as proprietary trademarks, service marks, trade names or trade dress, or use the Truxx Marks other than in accordance with the terms, conditions and restrictions herein;
- take any other action that would jeopardize or impair Truxx’s rights as owner of the Truxx Marks or the legality and/or enforceability of the Truxx Marks, including, without limitation, challenging or opposing Truxx’s ownership in the Truxx Marks;
- apply for trademark registration or renewal of trademark registration of any of the Truxx Marks, any derivative of the Truxx Marks, any combination of the Truxx Marks and any other name, or any trademark, service mark, trade name, symbol or word which is similar to the Truxx Marks;
- use the Truxx Marks on or in connection with any product, service or activity that is in violation of any law, statute, government regulation or standard.
Violation of any provision of this License may result in immediate termination of the License, in Truxx’s sole discretion. If you create any materials bearing the Truxx Marks (in violation of this Agreement or otherwise), you agree that upon their creation Truxx exclusively owns all right, title and interest in and to such materials, including without limitation any modifications to the Truxx Marks or derivative works based on the Truxx Marks. You further agree to assign any interest or right you may have in such materials to Truxx, and to provide information and execute any documents as reasonably requested by Truxx to enable Truxx to formalize such assignment.
The following disclaimers are made on behalf of Truxx, our affiliates, and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers.
The Truxx Platform is provided on an “as is” basis and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Truxx Platform and/or the Services, including the ability to provide or receive Services at any given location or time.
We specifically disclaim any implied warranties of title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Some states do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights that vary from state to state.
We do not warrant that your use of the Truxx Platform or Services will be accurate, complete, reliable, current, secure, uninterrupted, always available, or error-free, or will meet your requirements, that any defects in the Truxx Platform will be corrected, or that the Truxx Platform is free of viruses or other harmful components. We disclaim liability for, and no warranty is made with respect to, connectivity and availability of the Truxx Platform or Services.
We have no control over the quality or safety of the transportation that occurs as a result of the Services. We cannot ensure that a Driver or User will complete an arranged transportation service.
We cannot guarantee that each Truxx User is who he or she claims to be. Please use common sense when using the Truxx Platform and Services. Please note that there are also risks of dealing with underage persons or people acting under false pretense, and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content, communication or other use or access of the Truxx Platform by persons under the age of 18 in violation of this Agreement. We encourage you to communicate directly with each potential Driver or User prior to engaging in an arranged transportation service.
Truxx is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any Truxx User of the Truxx Platform or Services. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Truxx Users. We do not procure insurance for, nor are we responsible for, personal belongings left in the car by Drivers or Users. By using the Truxx Platform and participating in the Services, you agree to accept such risks and agree that Truxx is not responsible for the acts or omissions of Truxx Users on the Truxx Platform or participating in the Services.
It is possible for others to obtain information about you that you provide, publish or post to or through the Truxx Platform (including any profile information you provide), send to other Truxx Users, or share during the Services, and to use such information to harass or harm you. We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that you disclose to other Truxx Users on the Truxx Platform or through the Services. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the Truxx Platform or through the Services or release to others. We disclaim all liability, regardless of the form of action, for the acts or omissions of other Truxx Users (including unauthorized users, or “hackers”).
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Truxx Platform, but not directly by us, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on information or other content posted on the Truxx Platform or otherwise disseminated by third parties. We reserve the right, but we have no obligation, to monitor the materials posted in the public areas of the Truxx Platform and remove any such material that in our sole opinion violates, or is alleged to violate, the law or this agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Truxx Users or others.
The Truxx Platform contains (or you may be sent through the Truxx Platform) links to other web sites owned and operated by third parties (“Third Party Sites”), as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Sites or Third Party Content accessed through the Truxx Platform.
Location data provided by the Truxx Platform is for basic location purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon in situations where precise location information is needed or where erroneous, inaccurate or incomplete location data may lead to death, personal injury, property or environmental damage. Neither Truxx, nor any of its content providers, guarantees the availability, accuracy, completeness, reliability, or timeliness of location data displayed by the Truxx Platform. Any of your Information, including geolocational data, you upload, provide, or post on the Truxx Platform may be accessible to Truxx and certain Truxx Users of the Truxx Platform.
This paragraph applies to any version of the Truxx Platform that you acquire from the Apple App Store. This Agreement is entered into between you and Truxx . Apple, Inc. (“Apple”) is not a party to this Agreement and shall have no obligations with respect to the Truxx Platform. Truxx, not Apple, is solely responsible for the Truxx Platform and the content thereof as set forth hereunder. However, Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement. Upon your acceptance of this Agreement, Apple shall have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against you as a third party beneficiary thereof. This Agreement incorporates by reference the Licensed Application End User License Agreement published by Apple at http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/appstore/dev/stdeula/, for purposes of which, you are “the end-user.” In the event of a conflict in the terms of the Licensed Application End User License Agreement and this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement shall control.
You will defend, indemnify, and hold us and our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and suppliers harmless from any claims, actions, suits, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of your use of the Truxx Platform and participation in the Services, including:
- your breach of this Agreement or the documents it incorporates by reference;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party, including, without limitation, Drivers, Users, other motorists, and pedestrians, as a result of your own interaction with such third party;
- any allegation that any materials that you submit to us or transmit through the Truxx Platform or to us infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party;
- your ownership, use or operation of a motor vehicle or passenger vehicle, including your provision of Services as a Driver; and/or
- any other activities in connection with the Services. This indemnity shall be applicable without regard to the negligence of any party, including any indemnified person.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OR EACH OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS OR SUPPLIERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR DELETION, CORRUPTION, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, FAILURE TO STORE ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY THE TRUXX PLATFORM, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS, OR FOR THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRUXX PLATFORM, THE SERVICES, OR THIS AGREEMENT, HOWEVER ARISING INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES (PROVIDED HOWEVER THAT THIS PROVISION SHALL NOT LIMIT THE SCOPE OF TRUXX’S INSURANCE POLICIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL DAMAGES, BODILY INJURY, DEATH AND/OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS AND DISCOMFORT) ARISING OUT OF YOUR COMMUNICATING WITH OR MEETING OTHER USERS OF THE TRUXX PLATFORM OR SERVICES, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES KNOW OR HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
In the event that you have a dispute with one or more Truxx Users, you agree to release Truxx (including our affiliates and each of our respective officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, and suppliers) from claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected to such disputes with other Truxx Users or to your use of the Truxx Platform or participation in the Services. Furthermore, you expressly waive any rights you may have under California Civil Code Section 1542 (or analogous laws of other states), which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Truxx Users.
Term and Termination
This Agreement is effective upon your creation of a Truxx User account, as amended by any modifications made pursuant to Section 1. You may discontinue your use of the Truxx Platform or participation in the Services at any time, for any reason. We may suspend or deactivate your Truxx User account (either as a User and/or Driver), or revoke your permission to access the Truxx Platform, at any time, for any reason, upon notice to you. We reserve the right to refuse access to the Truxx Platform to any Truxx User for any reason not prohibited by law. Either party may terminate the Agreement for any reason upon written notice to the other party. Sections 1, 4 (with respect to the license), 6-11 and 13-21 shall survive any termination or expiration of this Agreement.
Agreement to Arbitrate All Disputes and Legal Claims
You and We agree that any legal disputes or claims arising out of or related to the Agreement (including but not limited to the use of the Truxx Platform and/or the Services, or the interpretation, enforceability, revocability, or validity of the Agreement, or the arbitrability of any dispute), that cannot be resolved informally shall be submitted to binding arbitration in the state in which the Agreement was performed. The arbitration shall be conducted by the American Arbitration Association under its Commercial Arbitration Rules, or as otherwise mutually agreed by you and we. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. Claims shall be brought within the time required by applicable law. You and we agree that any claim, action or proceeding arising out of or related to the Agreement must be brought in your individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, collective, or representative proceeding. The arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, collective, or class proceeding.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU AND TRUXX ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
You agree not to use any technical, financial, strategic and other proprietary and confidential information relating to Truxx’s business, operations and properties, including Truxx User information (“Confidential Information”) disclosed to you by Truxx for your own use or for any purpose other than as contemplated herein. You shall not disclose or permit disclosure of any Confidential Information to third parties. You agree to take all reasonable measures to protect the secrecy of and avoid disclosure or use of Confidential Information of Truxx in order to prevent it from falling into the public domain. Notwithstanding the above, you shall not have liability to Truxx with regard to any Confidential Information which you can prove: was in the public domain at the time it was disclosed by Truxx or has entered the public domain through no fault of yours; was known to you, without restriction, at the time of disclosure, as demonstrated by files in existence at the time of disclosure; is disclosed with the prior written approval of Truxx; becomes known to you, without restriction, from a source other than Truxx without breach of this Agreement by you and otherwise not in violation of Truxx’s rights; or is disclosed pursuant to the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body; provided, however, that You shall provide prompt notice of such court order or requirement to Truxx to enable Truxx to seek a protective order or otherwise prevent or restrict such disclosure.
You and Truxx are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisor-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to Truxx shall be given by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested to:
P.O. Box 821
Syracuse, NY 13209
Such notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing. Any notices to you shall be provided to you through the Truxx Platform or given to you via the email address you provide to Truxx during the registration process, and such notice shall be deemed given immediately upon sending. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, to the address provided to Truxx during the registration process. In such case, notice shall be deemed given 3 days after the date of mailing.
To resolve a complaint regarding the Truxx Platform, you should first contact our Customer Service Department through our support center at http://www.truxxit.com/contact
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to choice of law principles. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. You agree that this Agreement and all incorporated agreements may be automatically assigned by Truxx, in our sole discretion in accordance with the “Notices” section of this Agreement. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section. A party’s failure to act with respect to a breach by the other party does not constitute a waiver of the party’s right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between you and Truxx with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Data We Collect From You
In order to operate the Truxx Platform and to provide You with information about products or services that may be of interest to You, We may collect “personal information” (i.e. information that could be used to contact You directly (without using the Truxx Platform) such as full name, postal address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) or “demographic information” (i.e. information that You submit, or that We collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, zip code, hometown, gender, username, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information). We will also collect the contact information of your friends, if You choose to connect your contacts and address book information with Truxx and Your login credentials to Your social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter, if You choose to connect those accounts with your Truxx account. You represent and warrant that You have the authority to provide Us with any such contact information. Demographic information is divided into two categories:
- “non-public information”, which consists of ride transaction information and one-on-one communications between You and other users of the Truxx Platform; and
- “public information”, which consists of all other demographic information.
Please note that nowhere on the Truxx Platform do We knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18, as We require that all users represent to Us that they are at least 18 years old.
How We Use Personal Information
We use Your email address and Your other personal information to help Us efficiently operate the Truxx Platform, to contact You in connection with Your transactions and other activities on the Truxx Platform (including, but not limited to, confirmation emails, or important news that could affect Your relationship with Truxx), to forward trip information to You from other Truxx Users, to forward trip information from You to other Truxx Users, and to contact You and others to suggest potential matches. We use Your contact information to find and connect with Your friends (when instructed by You). These types of communications are known as “Operational Communications.” In some cases, Operational Communications may also contain commercial messages, such as banner ads and special offers.
To operate the Truxx Platform, including processing Your transactions and supporting Your activities on the Truxx Platform, We may share Your personal information with Our agents, representatives, contractors and service providers so they can provide Us with support services such as email origination, receipt or support services, customer relationship management services, and order fulfillment. We require these entities not to use Your information for any other purpose.
By purchasing, or registering or making reservations for, products or services offered or sponsored by third parties on the Truxx Platform, or electing to receive communications (such as emails or material by mail) or electing to participate in contests, sweepstakes or other programs (such as discount or rewards programs), offered or sponsored by third parties on the Truxx Platform, You consent to Our providing Your personal information to those third parties. Those third parties may use Your personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will need to contact those third parties to instruct them directly regarding Your preferences for the use of Your personal information by them. Additionally, You agree that We may use and disclose all such information so submitted to such third parties in the same manner in which We are entitled to use and disclose any other information You submit to Us.
Any third party with whom We are allowed to share Your personal information is authorized to use Your personal information in accordance with Our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which We have no control, and You agree that We are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact You will need to be instructed directly by You regarding Your preferences for the use of Your personal information by them.
How We Use Demographic Data
How to Edit Your Information
Truxx provides You with the ability to access and edit Your personal information. To update Your personal info, click Settings in the Truxx menu. There You can view, update and correct Your account information.
So that We can protect the integrity of sensitive data, there are certain pieces of information, such as Your age, that You cannot alter Yourself.
Our databases automatically update any personal information You edit in Your profile, or that You request We edit. Information transmitted through boards, chats, polls or through any other means remain in Our databases and become the property of Truxx upon submission. Keep this in mind if You decide to communicate personal information through any of these applications.
Truxx provides Truxx Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from Us and Our partners at the point where We request information about the visitor. Truxx gives Truxx Users the option to remove their information from Our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive Our service.
Special Cases in Which We Share Personal Information
Our Security Precautions
Your Truxx Profile is password-protected so that only You and authorized Truxx employees have access to Your account information. If You have registered for Truxx using Facebook Connect, then Your login and password shall be the same as Your Facebook login and password. In order to maintain this protection, do not give Your password to anyone. Truxx staff will never proactively reach out to You and ask for any personal account information, including Your password. If You share a computer, You should sign out of Your Truxx account and close the browser window before someone else logs on. This will help protect Your information entered on public terminals from disclosure to third parties.
Truxx has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under Our control. Your information may be transferred to and maintained on computer networks which may be located outside of the state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction in which You reside, and the country or jurisdiction in which these computer networks are located may not have privacy laws as protective as the laws in Your country or jurisdiction.
If You have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of Truxx, or Your dealings with Truxx, You may contact us at http://www.truxxit.com/contact